Navigation: Projects → Timesheets
Timesheet is a method for recording start and end time of tasks performed by employees. Time consumed for single task can be summarized from multiple time records. Each employee (User) records their working time with possible accuracy of 1 minute.
Understand how to work with your Timesheet
How Timesheet works:
1. Timesheet records are created through Drag & Drop method from the records provided on the right side menu. On the right side menu in category Tasks user can see in progress and done Tasks assigned to him, in category Opportunity – Opportunities that user has rights to review and edit , in category Projects – Projects that user has rights to review ant edit. List of Kanban tasks also provides basic color related information about time spent on tasks: Green () indicates that time used for task is less or equal to the planned duration; Yellow () indicates that worked time excess planned duration; Red () indicates that planned task was not recorded.
2. Employee (User) can edit record duration through dragging the task as seen in examples A and B
Example A Example B
3. Each single time record can be opened by double-click. In appeared window user can edit Title of record, add Location, specify Start and Finish dates (minute increments), assign task type, specify duration and distance of the journey, write comments related to the time record. There is also Billing status which changes automatically.
Time record of Meeting task:
- e-mail appears next to participants, indicating the e-mail invitation sent.
- an attendee can adjust the length of a time record by activating the detach from master task setting.
- only the organizer can adjust the meeting’s full time record information.
4. Time Records are marked in several different ways:
- All visible Time Records can be marked using triangle button which gives functions of “Select All” and “Unselect All”.
- Time records can be marked separately by clicking on each of required Time Records
- Week time frame window has possibility to select all tasks of desired day by pressing label button that is given next to the date of the day, example . Multiple days can be selected.
- Month timeframe window has possibility to select all tasks of desired day by pressing the tile of the day. To select multiple days, user has to push and drag mouse over desired days.
5. Marked Time Records are managed by arisen functionalities:
- Submit for Approval
- Delete, which is divided into these functionalities:
- Delete not started recurring tasks: is used to delete selected tasks together with related recurring tasks that are planned.
- Delete selected: is used to delete only selected tasks.
- Send email: is used to send meeting requests to the Outlook of to the time record owner.
- Create Task is used to create task from opportunity or activity.
- Set -> Related to to change relationships for records.
Number beside functionality describes how many records are selected.
6. After Time record is submitted for approval it becomes visible in Time approver’s window. Time approver is responsible for reviewing and approving or rejecting submitted Time records.
7. There is a possibility to choose according to what colors of Time Records in a calendar will be displayed. By clicking on button there is a possibility to choose that colors of Time records will be displayed according to:
- Event status. In this case color of Time Record changes according to its stage. Blue () indicates planned Time Records of not started Tasks, brown () indicates that nothing yet is done with the record; yellow () indicates that record has been submitted; green () indicates that record has been approved and red () indicates that the record has been rejected.
- Task Type. In this case color of Time Record changes according to its type (e. g. Task, Meeting, Call, etc.). To assign colors / change assigned colors to the Task type go to Settings -> Dictionary -> Dictionary -> Task -> Type and define marker type and color. The same colors as assigned marker color will be used in Timesheet.
- Activity status. In this case color of Time Record changes according to the status of the related Activity. To assign colors / change assigned colors to the Activity status go to Settings -> Dictionary -> Dictionary -> Activity -> Status and define marker type and color. The same colors as assigned marker color will be used in Timesheet.
- Revenue category. In this case color of Time Record changes according to the revenue category of the related entity (Activity or Project). To assign colors / change assigned colors to the revenue category go to Settings -> Dictionary -> Budget Lines and define marker type and color. The same colors as assigned marker color will be used in Timesheet.
The meanings of the colors are explained under button.
9. User can navigate through timeframes history using and buttons. There is also a possibility to define start and finish of the period by clicking on the start and finish dates.
10. User can always go back to current day by clicking button.
12. Filters can be applied to organize the view.
14. Possible to copy timesheet event from edit modal form.
In the edit form of the timesheet event are fields: Work with data and Connect to client (the fields management Settings-> Settings-> Form Fields’ Management). It is possible to register one of them or both. It is more dedicated to IT companies.
Understand how to work with joint Timesheet of all users
1. All Timesheets window provides User with joint Timesheet view of Time Records created by all users. Additional information is being displayed when cursor is moved over Time record.
Time Record’s owner can be changed by dragging Time Record to another User’s row.
2. All Timesheets window provides information of total recorded time. By placing cursor over the total recorded time of specific user it is possible to review total recorded time per status of Time Records.
3. Marked Time Records can be managed by arisen functionalities (Submit for Approval, Reject, Approve, Delete, Send email, Create Task, Delete).
4. All Timesheets is a convenient tool to organize meetings in which several users have to participate. There is a possibility to easily identify whether all users are available on planned meeting time. Simply mark planned time on the timesheet and click button . If all users are available (no Time Records are created), time period will be marked green, otherwise time period will be marked red.
5. There is a possibility to export Time Records and create a copy of user’s Timesheet in an email application that users are using. After clicking button located over the timesheet the possibility to export Time Records will be provided for each user. Click button provided near user name, choose application and click OK. Time records of current week and one more month will be exported. Created calendar will be read only.
6. User can always go back to current period by clicking button.
7. User can navigate through timeframes by using and buttons.
9.There is a possibility to define how colors of Time Records in a calendar should be changed. Colors can be changed according to depending on Event status, Task type, Activity status, Revenue category. By clicking on button there is a possibility to define according to what lower part of the calendar event should be colored. By clicking on button there is a possibility to define according to what upper part of the calendar event should be colored.
10. Timesheet can be managed through 1 day, 3 days, 1 week or 1 month view range by clicking one of the button and selecting needed option. Button provides a possibility to select a 15 min, 30 min, 1 hour, 4 hours or 1 day timescale.
11. There is a possibility to create new Activity by clicking button , filling information and clicking Save. In case, Project to which Activity is related to is not created yet, turn button Generate Project ON. Project, generated while creating Activity, will have title Account Name_Activity Title.
12. There is a possibility to filter resources displayed in All Timesheets window by clicking button .
13. There is a possibility to manage Work group settings in All Timesheets view. There is a possibility to select Work groups that will be shown in All Timesheets windown and define their order by clicking button . To create new work group click button and select New Work Group.
14. There is a possibility to create new Task and record time in All Timesheets by clicking button on the right side menu, filling in Task information and clicking Save or clicking button that is used to to create new Task related to one of the most frequently used objects within the last month. In this case, part of the new Task information will be filled automatically. Another possibility after selecting time in the calendar is to click Enter. In this case, date, time and duration of new Task will be filled automatically.