Navigation: Finances → Credit notes
Credit notes indicate information about credited Invoices.
Review Credit note form
1. General information about Credit note is provided in tab General. You have to fill in this information when creating new Credit note.
2. In tab Media it is possible to attach files. Click Select Files or do Drag & Drop.
3. In tab Notes it is possible to leave notes. Click Add note to create new note.
4. Actions that can be taken with Credit note:
- Print: generates filled PDF version of Credit note that is ready to be printed.
- Update account: updates Credit note Account with final related data (company code, VAT code, address).
5. Available Info Tabs:
- Lines: Credit note parts (lines). Click to create new line and provide the required information.
- Tasks: list of Tasks related to Credit note. Click to add new Task or click and select Process to generate Tasks from a template.
- Process: allows initiating processes and seeing the progress of initiated processes.
- Triggers: allows seeing and adding Task triggers related to this Task.
- Revisions: history of actions taken with the Credit note.
- Groups: allows grouping Credit notes according to types determined (list is taken from Settings → Groups).
6. Available navigation buttons:
- Add new: is used to create new Credit note.
- To list: is used to go to the list of Credit notes.
Create new Credit note
To create new Credit note follow these steps:
1. Go to Finances → Credit notes and in the list of Credit notes click .
2. Fill in fields in tab General:
- Primary account: field is displayed if there are multiple active Primary Accounts (defined in Settings → Dictionary → Acceptance Certificate → Status).
- Credit note number: automatically generated number, if required number can be changed manually.
- Status: indicates the progress of the Credit Note (list is taken from Settings → Dictionary → Invoices → Status). Default status is always Paid.
- Date: date when the Credit note was issued. Automatically generates current date.
- Tax: tax rate for the Credit note.
- Written by: indicates information about person who had created the Credit note. By default it is the user who is logged in, if required can be manually changed.
- Position: indicates information about person’s position that had created the Credit note. By default it is the position of the user who is logged in, if required can be manually changed.
- Remarks: notes that are related to the Credit note.
- Language: indicates language in which PDF version of Credit note that is ready to be printed have to be generated.
- Account: indicates the Account that the Credit note is being written for.
- Project: related Project of the previous stated Account.
- Owner: owner of credit note.
- Invoice: Invoice that is being credited.
3. Click Save.
It is also possible to create Credit note from Invoice and Time report (if Invoice was generated for particular Time report) forms.
To create Credit note from Invoice form click button Actions and select Create Credit Note. Credit Note with negative Invoice’s lines will be created.
When creating Credit note from Time report’s form there is a possibility to define the discount from the Time report’s amount. To create Credit note from Time report’s form click button Actions, select Create Credit Note and define discount amount. Credit note will be created and billable duration added to the Time report will be proportionally decreased so that the total amount of the Time report would be decreased by the defined discount amount.
Add Credit note line
There is a possibility to create Credit note lines manually or to import lines from Invoice.
To add Credit note line manually follow these steps:
1. In tab Lines click .
2. Fill in Line information:
- Description: description of the credited services, products.
- Quantity: quantity of units of measurements.
- UOM: unit of measurement.
- Discount: active discount allows to add negative Price excl. Taxes.
- Price excl. Taxes: price excluding taxes.
- Taxes: tax used for invoice line.
- Revenue Category: revenue category to which this Credit note line should be assigned.
3. Click Save.
To import Credit note lines from Invoice In tab Lines click and select Import Lines from Invoice. Lines from Invoice will be imported with negative amount.
In case Credit note is created from Invoice or Time report form Credit note lines will be created automatically.
Create Task related to Credit note
It is possible to create Tasks related to Credit note in several parts of the system: Kanban window, Tasks list window, Credit note form, Credit notes list window.
To create new Task related to Credit note in the Credit note form follow these steps:
1. In tab Tasks click .
2. Fill in Task’s information and click Save.
Generate a set of Tasks related to Credit note (initiate Process)
It is possible to generate a set of Tasks related to Credit note from a template (initiate a predefined process). To generate a set of Tasks related to Credit note follow these steps:
- In tab Tasks click and select Process or in tab Process click .
- Select process template from the drop-down menu (list is taken from Settings → Processes).
- Define date when process should start / finish.
- Define date type: Start – First Task of the process will start on the indicated date, Finish – dates of the process Tasks will be defined so that the process would end on the indicated date. Important: there is a possibility to define process finish date only if process does not have decision tasks.
- Active Update dates option automatically updates tasks dates when changes in process task planned dates are made.
- Click Save.
Perform actions in the list of Credit notes
1. As in all lists, you can work with Credit notes by using standard functionality buttons: filter Credit notes, add new Credit note, change table properties, search Credit notes, narrow or extend information viewable in table cells, edit or add additional information to the Credit note, delete Credit note from the list.
2. It is possible to see how many related Not Started, In Progress, Done or Cancelled tasks Credit note has.
3. It is possible to perform actions with Credit notes in the list without opening the entries. After selecting single or multiple Credit notes by marking lines or selecting all Invoices by clicking button available actions are:
- Export records: is used to export selected Credit notes to MS Excel file.
- Assign group: is used to assign selected Credit notes to a group.
- Remove group: is used to remove selected Credit notes from a group.
- Set Status: is used to set status of selected Credit notes.
- Set Owner: is used to set owner of selected Credit notes.
- Create Task: is used to create new Task related to selected Credit notes. In case several Credit notes are selected several Tasks will be created.