Navigation: Tools → Change requests
A change request is a formal proposal to modify any document, deliverable, or baseline. Projects are typically undertaken within changing business environments, so it’s inevitable that during the life of your project, there will be some element of change required.
A change request has to be investigated in order to determine whether the change has to be implemented or not. If change request is approved, the change is scheduled and implemented.
Review Change request form
1. General information about Change request is provided in tab General. You have to fill in this information when creating new Change request.
2. In tab Media it is possible to attach files. Click Select Files or do Drag & Drop.
3. In tab Notes it is possible to leave notes. Click Add note to create new note.
4. Available Info Tabs:
- Evaluation: allows to record information after change request evaluation. Click to add Evaluation.
- Gantt: provides possibility to plan subactivities by adding Project activities and milestones and defining dependencies between them, and to follow up on Activities related to the Issue progress. This tab shows only Activities related to particular Issue. To review Gantt chart Activity has to be selected.
- Tasks: allows creating and managing tasks of various types related to the Change request. Click to add new Task or and select Process to generate Tasks from a template.
- Process: it is possible to create new Process from template.
- Backlog: allows seeing and creating backlog records related to Particular Risk. Click to add new Backlog record. Click to add new Task. Click and :
- select Set All Completed to change the status of all related Backlog records to Completed.
- select Assign Group to assign the group to all related Backlog records.
- select Remove Group to remove the group from all related Backlog records.
- Relations: allows seeing entities related to the Change request.
- Mail: allows seeing and assigning related emails. Click to create new email. Click to assign emails.
- Triggers: allows seeing and creating task process triggers related to the Change request. Click to add new Process Trigger record.
- Groups: allows grouping Change requests according to types determined (list is taken from Settings → Groups).
- Revisions: allows seeing the history of actions taken with the Change request.
- Rights: allows setting rights for users relevant to the Change request.
5. Available navigation buttons:
- Add new: is used to create new Change request.
- To list: is used to go to the list of Change requests.
Create new Change request
To create new Change request follow these steps:
1. Go to Tools → Change requests and click or go to tab Change requests in the form of the related object (Project, Activity) and click .
2. Fill in fields in tab General:
- Title: a description of the requested change.
- Status: indicates status of the change request (list is taken from Settings → Dictionary → Change requests → Status).
- Impact: indicates the impact on the Contract, provided services if this change is / is not implemented.
- Priority: indicates the priority of solving particular Change request among all the other Change requests (list is taken from Settings → Dictionary → Change requests → Priority).
- Date raised: indicates date when change was requested.
- Change order No.: unique identifier for the change.
- Reference info: related document number.
- Decision date: indicates date when decision to implement / not implement the change is made.
- Decision maker: indicates who has to make a decision to implement / not implement the change.
- Account: indicates to what Account Change request is related.
- Project: indicates to what Project Change request is related. Only active Projects are available.
- Activity: indicates to what Activity line Change request is related. Only active Activities are available.
- Phase: indicates to what Phase Change request is related (list is taken from Settings → Dictionary → Change requests → Phase).
- Type: indicates type of the change request (list is taken from Settings → Dictionary → Change requests → Type).
- Business process: indicates to what business process of the client Change request is related.
- Requested by: indicates who has requested the change.
- Owner: indicates who is responsible for the change.
3. Click Save.
Create Evaluation related to Change request
Create Task related to Change request
It is possible to create Tasks related to Change request in several locations of the system: Kanban window, Tasks list window, Change request form, Change requests list window.
To create new Task related to Change request in the Change request form follow these steps:
1. In tab Tasks click .
2. Fill in Task’s information and click Save.
Generate a set of Tasks related Change request (initiate Process)
It is possible to generate a set of Tasks related to Issue from a template (initiate a predefined process). To generate a set of Tasks related to Change request follow these steps:
- In tab Tasks click and select Process or in tab Process click .
- Select process template from the drop-down menu (list is taken from Settings → Processes).
- Define date when process should start / finish.
- Define date type: Start – First Task of the process will start on the indicated date, Finish – dates of the process Tasks will be defined so that the process would end on the indicated date. Important: there is a possibility to define process finish date only if process does not have decision tasks.
- Active Update dates option automatically updates tasks dates when changes in process task planned dates are made.
- Click Save.
Set rights for users relevant to the Change request
Perform actions in the list of Change requests
1. As in all lists, you can work with Change requests by using standard functionality buttons: filter Change requests, add new Change request, change table properties, search Change requests, narrow or extend information visible in table cells, edit or add additional information to the Change request, delete Change request from the list.
2. It is possible to see how many related Not Started, In Progress, Waiting, Done or Cancelled tasks Change request has.
3. It is possible to perform actions with Change requests in the list without opening the entries. After selecting single or multiple Change requests by marking lines or selecting all Change requests by clicking button available actions are:
- Export records: is used to export the list of selected Change requests to MS Excel file.
- Assign Group: is used to assign selected Change requests to a Group.
- Assign Rights: is used to assign rights to selected change request.
- Remove Group: is used to remove selected Change requests from Group.
- Remove Rights: is used to remove rights to selected change request.
- Set Status: is used to set status of the selected Change requests.
- Set Impact: is used to set impact of the selected Change requests.
- Set Priority: is used to set priority of the selected Change requests.
- Set Phase: is used to set phase of the selected Change requests.
- Set Type: is used to set type of the selected Change requests.
- Set Impact on Scope: is used to set impact on scope of the selected Change requests.
- Set Owner: is used to assign new Owner to selected Change requests.
- Create Task: is used to create new Task related to selected Change requests. In case several Change requests are selected several Tasks will be created.