Navigation: Tools → Problems
Problem is described as incidents that disturbs company from the inside on a regular basis and needs to be solved.
Review Problem form
1. General information about Problem is provided in tab General. You have to fill in this information when creating new Problem.
2. In tab Media it is possible to attach files. Click Select Files or do Drag & Drop.
3. In tab Notes it is possible to leave notes. Click Add note to create new note.
4. Available Info Tabs:
- Tasks: allows creating and managing tasks of various types related to the Problem. Click to add new Task or and select Process to generate Tasks from a template.
- Process: allows initiating processes and seeing the progress of initiated processes. Click to generate Tasks from a template. If multiple processes are running, you can cancel active processes with Cancel all at the same time, .
- Incidents: allows seeing and creating Incidents related to particular Problem. Click to create new Incident.
- Relations: allows seeing entities related to particular Problem.
- Mail: allows seeing, creating and assigning related emails. Click to create new email. Click to assign email.
- Triggers: allows seeing and creating task process triggers related to particular Problem. Click to add new Process Trigger record.
- Groups: allows grouping Problems according to types determined (list is taken from Settings → Groups).
- Revisions: allows seeing the history of actions taken with the Problem.
- Rights: allows setting rights for users relevant to the Problem.
5. Available navigation buttons:
- Add new: is used to create new Problem.
- To list: is used to go to the list of Problems.
Create new Problem
To create new Problem follow these steps:
1. Go to Tools → Problems or go to tab Problems in the form of the related object (Project, Activity) and click .
2. Fill in fields in tab General:
- Title: shortly indicates about the Problem raised.
- Status: indicates the progress of activities related to the Problem.
- Priority: indicates the priority of solving particular Problem among all the other Problems.
- Date raised: indicates date when particular Problem is raised.
- Account: indicates to what Account Problem is related.
- Project: indicates to what Project Problem is related. Only active Projects are available.
- Activity: indicates to what Activity Problem is related. Only active Activities are available.
- Owner: indicates who is responsible for the Problem and related activities.
3. Click Save.
Create Task related to Problem
It is possible to create Tasks related to Problem in several locations of the system: Kanban window, Tasks list window, Problem form, Problems list window.
To create new Task related to Problem in the Problem form follow these steps:
1. In tab Tasks click .
2. Fill in Task’s information and click Save.
Generate a set of Tasks related to Problem (initiate Process)
It is possible to generate a set of Tasks related to Problem from a template (initiate a predefined process). To generate a set of Tasks related to Problem follow these steps:
- In tab Tasks click and select Process or in tab Process click .
- Select process template from the drop-down menu (list is taken from Settings → Processes).
- Define date when process should start / finish.
- Define date type: Start – First Task of the process will start on the indicated date, Finish – dates of the process Tasks will be defined so that the process would end on the indicated date. Important: there is a possibility to define process finish date only if process does not have decision tasks.
- Active Update dates option automatically updates tasks dates when changes in process task planned dates are made.
- Click Save.
Set rights for users relevant to the Problem
Perform actions in the list of Problems
1. As in all lists, you can work with Problems by using standard functionality buttons: filter Problems, add new Problem, change table properties, search Problems, narrow or extend information viewable in table cells, edit or add additional information to the Problem, delete Problem from the list.
2. It is possible to see how many related Not Started, In Progress, Waiting, Done or Cancelled tasks Problem has.
3. It is possible to perform actions with Problems in the list without opening the entries. After selecting single or multiple Problems by marking lines or selecting all Problems by clicking button available actions are:
- Export records: is used to export the list of selected Problems to MS Excel file.
- Assign Rights: is used to assign rights to review and edit Problem information for works groups, user groups or specific users.
- Remove Rights: is used to remove rights to review and edit Project information from specific works groups, user groups or specific users.
- Set Status: is used to set status of the selected Problems.
- Set Priority: is used to set priority of the selected Problems.
- Set Owner: is used to assign new Owner to selected Problems.
- Set Groups: used to assign a group to selected Problems.
- Create Task: is used to create new Task related to selected Problems. In case several Problems are selected several Tasks will be created.